No Smartphone? Call Instead…
- Call 402-292-2222.
- Advise the call center that you would like the “Hauptman O’Brien SAFE RIDE HOME®” on account number “SAFE5.” If you don’t do this, your ride won’t be free.
- Schedule your cab ride home.
- Get home safe.
- Don’t forget to tip your driver!
How It Works
- Cab rides can only start and end within DOUGLAS and SARPY counties – You cannot get a free cab ride to or from Iowa or Lincoln.
- You will only be taken HOME or to a HOTEL, not to another event location or bar.
- You must use the Promo code “SAFE” in the app or tell the dispatcher you want the “Hauptman O’Brien SAFE RIDE HOME®” or your ride won’t be free. When you are picked up, be sure to tell the driver you are taking a FREE Hauptman O’Brien SAFE RIDE HOME®.
- Please be patient. The demand for cabs is high during the SAFE RIDE HOME® program, so although we’ll have more than 120 cabs on the road, there’s a chance they may not be available upon the time of request.
SAFE RIDE HOME® Events
Founded in 1990, SAFE RIDE HOME® began with a single mission – help Nebraskans avoid drinking and driving by paying for their cab fares, so they can safely get home to their friends and loved ones.
In the 27 years since, the SAFE RIDE HOME® program has provided more than 65,000 free cab rides and has saved countless lives. The success of the program has led us to expand it to offer Safe Rides Home over St. Patrick’s Day and for victims of Domestic Violence all year long. Help us keep our roads and communities safe from drunk and impaired drivers by being responsible this holiday season, and take a free cab ride home on us.
For media inquiries please contact Jessica Goldoni at (402) 390-9000 or [email protected]