Founded in 1990, Safe Ride Home began with a single mission – help Nebraskans avoid drinking and driving by paying for their cab fares, so they can safely get home to their friends and loved ones.
In the 24 years since, the Safe Ride Home program has provided tens of thousands of free cab rides and has saved an untold number of lives. The success of the program has led us to expand it to include Safe Rides Home over St. Patrick’s Day and for victims of Domestic Violence all year long.
Help us keep our roads and communities safe from drunk and impaired drivers by being responsible this holiday season, and taking a free cab ride home – on us.
How to Get a Safe Ride Home
Follow the steps below to order a Safe Ride Home. Please note the following restrictions:
- Cab rides can only start and end within Douglas and Sarpy Counties
- You cannot get a free cab ride to or from Iowa
- You will only be taken HOME, not to another event location
- Cab rides are provided from December 10th to January 1st between 8:00 p.m. and 3:00 a.m.
- Call Happy Cab at 402-292-2222
- Advise the call center that you would like the Hauptman, O’Brien Safe Ride Home
- If you do not notify the call center at this time, you will not get a free ride home
- Schedule your cab ride home
- Get home safe
By Smartphone App:
- Download the ‘Rides Nebraska’ app by using the links below
- When scheduling your ride, enter “Safe Ride Home” in the “Promo” section
- If you do not enter “Safe Ride Home” in the “Promo” section at this time you will not receive a free ride.
Share with a Friend
Our mission is to save lives by reducing the number of impaired and drunk drivers on the road. To be truly effective, we need your help spreading the word. Please tell your friends and family about our Safe Ride Home program by sharing this page across your social networks. Together, we can make a difference.
Thank You, and Happy Holidays
“On behalf of our entire staff at Hauptman, O’Brien, Wolf & Lathrop, we wish you and your families a safe and Happy Holiday season. We are thankful to the many people who have utilized our Safe Ride Home service, and to the community who has continued to support this program for over 20 years. Together, we can continue to help Omaha residents maintain a safe and happy start to 2015.”
Tim O’Brien, Melany O’Brien, and Steven Lathrop
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our Omaha attorneys have handled every type of personal injury litigation. Insurance companies know that we will fight for fair and just compensation. Our clients know that we handle cases professionally and aggressively. Make an appointment to come talk with one of our Omaha attorneys today. read more
The law firm of Hauptman, O’Brien, Wolf & Lathrop, P.C. is one of Omaha’s most experienced personal injury law firms. We help victims of traffic accidents, nursing home negligence, job-related injuries, premises liability, catastrophic injuries and other injuries navigate the legal system. Our Bellevue and Omaha personal injury lawyers will stand read more.
With more than 100 years of combined experience, our Omaha attorneys have handled every type of personal injury litigation. Insurance companies know that we will fight for fair and just compensation. Our clients know that we handle cases professionally and aggressively. Make an appointment to come talk with one of our Omaha attorneys today. It’s a good idea to schedule a consultation to determine whether or not you have a case. read more